- 60,000 New Singles Join Daily!
Need a Divorce Lawyer?
Need a Bankruptcy Lawyer?
Find an Attorney FREE Now
New Diet Packages from Dr. Tabor!
Your Ad Here
Join me on the New Digg
Share on MySpace
Your Ad Here
Adobe Logo 120x60
View Photos of Singles -
Alimony (Spousal Support or Maintenance) Determining the amount of money that is the
court-ordered payment of someone has to pay the support to his/her former wife or husband after a
divorce or separation. Alimony is not a child support, which is another ongoing financial obligation often
established in divorce.

Many factors of determining the amount and duration of maintenance;
the main factors for the court
shall consider of;

1. The income and property including marital property distributed of the parties when either seeking
maintenance as a spouse, parent, wage earner and homemaker;

2. The length of the marriage and the age and health (physical & mental) of both parties;

3. The presentation and future earning capacity of both parties;

4. The ability of the party for self-supporting;

5. The presence of children of the marriage in the individually homes of the parties;

Alimony is treated very differently than child support in the United States with respect to taxation. For
federal income tax purposes; Alimony is taxable income to the receiving spouse, and deducted from the
income of the paying spouse (the payor); includable in the payee's taxable income for the spouse who
receives and provides a tax deduction for the spouse who pays; however, payments are deductions to
the paying spouse and income to the receiving spouse if they are payable over an indefinite period. If a
party fails to pay alimony, there are not generally any special legal options available to the party that is
owed money.

Alimony decided on a case-by-case basis whether permanent or temporary, it's usually provided for only
a limited period of time but can end up earlier than the specified period if one spouse dies, remarries or
cohabitation (with another lover).
Payment Directions for child support or alimony Form to the family court for requesting one spouse
or non-custodial parent (NCP) who paid the money (alimony or child support) to the other spouse or
who has custody of the children born of the marriage; payments can through clerk of court, or paid by
personally on (bi or semi) weekly or monthly - Copyright © 2010 All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use . Privacy Policy