- 60,000 New Singles Join Daily!
Need a Divorce Lawyer?
Need a Bankruptcy Lawyer?
Find an Attorney FREE Now
New Diet Packages from Dr. Tabor!
Your Ad Here
Join me on the New Digg
Share on MySpace
Your Ad Here
Adobe Logo 120x60
View Photos of Singles -
The person who required to answering the complaint and against a lawsuit that filed in the court
action. In some states types of actions, the defendant is called the "Respondent" or "Second Party" in
court that means the party who was against and has to answers in a pleading.

In civil proceedings, the party who required to responding the complaint and to make satisfaction for
pleading a wrong complained of by another.

In criminal proceedings to accused the defendant. The term respondent is also used to designate the
person responding to an appeal.

In family proceedings, the party who was against from plaintiff filed court action and has to pleading
the complaint of divorce, custodial, child & spousal support and domestic violence…all of family

Defendant's Right
You will have an opportunity to answering the complaint. Also, you have the right to hire an attorney
to assist you in filed case for answering the complaint or representative your own (Pro Se) in preparing
defenses. Otherwise, you will lose this right for defense response if you failed to show up in court.
Judgment may be entered to against you. - Copyright © 2010 All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use . Privacy Policy